|For a PUA, books are not enough, inspiration is also
Here are some Inspirational Quotes, not necessarily PU related, but very good to get you motivated.
piece of work is a man! how noble in reason!
- Hamlet: act 2 scene 2
Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
- sun tzu, "the ancient art of war"
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
- Chief Seattle
The important thing is not to stop questioning.
- Albert Einstein
"knowledge is experience, every thing else is details"
- Albert Einstein
I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
- Albert Einstein
Every man dies. Not every man truly lives.
Our life is what our thoughts make it.
- Marcus Aurelius Antonius
- Robert Frost
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
- Les Brown
The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it.
The only ZEN you find on the tops of mountains is the ZEN you bring up there.
- Robert M. Pirsig
Teachers open the door, but you must enter by yourself.
- Chinese ProverbMen argue, Nature acts.
- VoltaireHe who knows others is wise, He who knows himself is enlightened.
- Tao Te ChingAnd the wind said: "May you be as strong as the oak, yet flexible as the birch;
may you stand tall as the Redwood, live gracefully as the willow;
and may you always bear fruit all your days on this earth.
- Native American prayerIs not the truth that makes man great, but man who makes the truth great.
- ConfuciusAge is of no importance unless you are a cheese.
- Billie BurkeYou cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind.
- AnonymousBe just and fear not.
- Wolsey in Shakespeare's King Henry VIIIIf you want something very, very badly, let it go free. If it comes back to you, It's yours forever. If it doesn't, it was never yours to begin with.
- Anonymous"If we look at the path, we do not see the sky. We are earth people on a spiritual journey to the stars. Our quest, our earth walk, is to look within, to know who we are, to see that we are connected to all things, that there is no separation, only in the mind."
- Native AmericanWe do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.
- Haida Indian SayingOutside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend: and inside a dog, it's too dark to read.
- Groucho MarxUntil the lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter.
- African ProverbHistory is a set of lies agreed upon.
- Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in times of great moral crises maintain their neutrality.
- Dante Aleghieri (1265-1321)We are here on earth to do good for others. What the others are here for, I don't know.
- W. H. Auden.I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
- Galileo GalileiMen never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.
- Blaise Pascal (1623-1662)When the missionaries came to Africa they had the Bible and we had the land. They said "Let us pray." We closed our eyes. When we opened them we had the Bible and they had the land.
- Bishop Desmond TutuIsn't there any other part of the matzo you can eat?
- Marilyn Monroe (1926-1962) on being served matzo ball soup three meals in a rowYou can't hold a man down without staying down with him.
- Booker T. Washington"According to the seed that is sown, So is the fruit you reap The door of good of will gather good result The door of evil reaps evil result. If you plant a good seed well, Then you will enjoyed the good fruits."
- Buddha"You are the unconditioned spirit, trapped in conditions, like the sun in eclipse."
- Persian poet Rumi"And this I believe:
that the free, exploring mind of the individual human is the most valuable thing in the world. And this I would fight for:
the freedom of the mind to take any direction it wishes, undirected. And this I must fight against:
any idea, religion, or government which limits or destroys the individual. This is what I am and what I am about."
- John Steinbeck - "East of Eden"
Some quotes by Tony Robbins:
Your life changes the moment you make a new, congruent, and
The only people without problems are those in cemeteries.
The meeting of preparation with opportunity generates the
offspring we call luck.